Things to do before your arrival:
- Read Sullivan University Student Handbook to familiarize yourself with the school policies, rules and regulations.
- Make your passport valid for at least 6 months longer than the stay indicated in your I-20.
- Researching Louisville and the surrounding areas.
- Bring with you a few one-dollar bills and quarter coins, if possible. This will help you make phone calls from the airport if necessary.
- If you request airport pick up, please email@example.com giving your flight number, time and date of arrival. Temporary accommodation is provided if necessary.
After you arrive:
Go directly to the terminal area for arriving passengers. Have the following documents available for presentation*:
- Your Passport
- SEVIS Form (I-20);
- Form (I -94); (The Form I-94 should reflect the address where you will reside, not the address of your University or academic department.)
- Customs Declaration Form (CF-6059).
* Do not check these documents with your baggage. If your baggage is lost or delayed, you will be unable to present the documents at your port of entry. As a result, you may not be able to enter the United States.
NOTE: Sometime before landing the flight attendants will distribute customs declaration forms & immigration forms. Fill these out on the plane (you will submit them to the appropriate authorities when you land). Do not hesitate to ask the flight attendants for help.
After your Inspection is successfully completed, the inspecting officer will do the following:
- Stamp your SEVIS Form of status (“D/S”).
- Stamp the Arrival-Departure Record Form (I-94) and staple it in the passport.