- Provide ethical, high quality, and compassionate healthcare as part of an interprofessional team.
- Expand the concept of the Physician Assistant profession to the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Increase access to healthcare services to underserved populations.
- Demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning and participation in professional associations.
- Communicate with, acknowledge and understand diversity and those from other cultures.
The Goals of the Sullivan University Physician Assistant Program are to:
- Establish a sound Physician Assistant Program based on rigorous assessment and compliance with accreditation standards established for achieving excellence.
- Provide a technologically-proficient teaching and learning environment
- To continuously improve and enhance the educational experience of our students.
- Recruit, retain, and develop dedicated faculty and clinical faculty.
- Provide a rich and diversified culture for students’ optimal learning experiences
- Provide a competency-driven, practice-based training experience for students
- Serve the Community as part of the Mission of the Physician Assistant Program and education of the students
- Contribute to the provision of high quality, compassionate healthcare to meet growing demand for primary care services, particularly to underserved populations.
- Support the advancement of Physician Assistant education and practice in the Commonwealth and the nation.
The Vision of the Sullivan University Physician Assistant Program is to provide:
- Excellence in Education
- Service to the Community, and
- Quality Care for the People in the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- And to promote the Physician Assistant profession in the Commonwealth of Kentucky
Sullivan University Physician Assistant Program will pursue our mission, goals and vision while embracing the core values of:
- Teamwork, Compassion, Excellence, Professionalism, Integrity and Accountability.