Associate of Science in Early Childhood Education
Impact a child’s life with our Early Childhood Education program
Sullivan’s course of study includes the classes required for the Kentucky Director’s Credential, which recognizes leadership among child care professionals and is awarded to each student upon graduation. This credential enables Sullivan’s Early Childhood Education graduates to direct and/or own their own child care center. Another benefit of Sullivan’s program is its Hire a Nanny program, which pairs graduates with employers.
Associate of Science Degree
Program can be completed entirely online.
Get to know the program.
Vicke Bowman is the dean of the Early Childhood Education program.
What is the most important or unique aspect about this program?
You will earn your Kentucky Director Credential after completion of the program, and you’ll earn 300 clock hours working directly with children and families.
What are good resources for finding out more on this career field?
What type of person would this program appeal to?
If a student is interested in educating children, interested in operating, directing or owning a child development center, or interested in working as an in-home nanny, that student would enjoy our program.
What specific skills or knowledge are taught in the program?
- Child development from birth through adolescence
- Teaching young children
- Nutrition and health skills and concepts as they pertain to child and human development
- Special needs education terminology
- Creating and operating a child development center
- Traveling with children
- Interacting with families
- Communication with children and parents
- Creating learning environments
- Current practices
- Laws and licensing standards in early childhood education
What are potential jobs or employment settings for graduates?
- Professional nanny
- Child development center childcare provider
- Teacher in childcare center
- Areas of Head Start
- In-home family childcare centers
- After-school programs or enrichment programs
- Owner or director of a child development center
- Parent education