Pharmacy and Health Sciences School Cost - Tuition/Financial Aid
We understand that the commitment to the program leading to the Doctor of Pharmacy degree represents a large investment for the students and their families. For the Entering Class, Meg Mrozowski, Financial Planning Coordinator, will be contacting you directly regarding your financial needs.
Doctor of Pharmacy Annual Tuition Cost Breakdown
Below is a table of the contracted tuition rate for matriculating students in the Class of 2022 and an estimate of the non-tuition expenses a student could anticipate based onthe 2018 -2019 academic year. The total 3-year program is $159,000 for the Class of 2022.
* This includes items textbooks / supplies / personal technology, room & board, travel and miscellaneous expenses based on the 2018 - 2019 academic year. This estimated maximum amount varies by student qualifications and annually based on third party projections for cost of living in the Louisville area and any changes in textbook and personal / supplies required for the curriculum.
Students will be responsible for their living expenses (boarding & meals). Additionally, students will be required to provide their own transportation throughout the program for curricular (e.g. experiential training sites) and co-curricular events and activities.
PA Program Annual Tuition Cost Breakdown
Physician Assistant Program
Class of 2022
Monthly living expenses for a single person in Louisville Kentucky is estimated at $797.18.
Students are required to provide their own transportation during the school year as they will be traveling to different areas for their clinical education. Also, students will be responsible for their own boarding and meals.
All tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
Entrance Counseling - All students requesting Federal Education Loans are required by the Department of Education to complete Entrance Counseling.
Loan Exit Counseling - All graduates who received Federal Stafford or GradPlus loans are required by the Department of Education to complete exit counseling. Please click on the link below to go to the National Student Loan Data System website and click on Exit Counseling and follow the prompts. You will be asked for your social security number and your Department of Education PIN number. Continue to answer all questions until you receive Congratulations for completing the counseling. Notification of completion will be electronically sent to the school.
Loans: Money borrowed to cover the cost of education that must be repaid with interest.
- Federal Stafford Loans: There are two types: Unsubsidized and the Graduate Plus Loan. Payment on the Stafford loan begins six months after the student has graduated, withdrawn from school, or attends less than halftime. Interest accrues on on Unsubsidized loan from the date of the first disbursement. The total amount of unsubsidized Stafford Loans available for the Doctor of Pharmacy program is $33,000.00 per academic year, not to exceed the cost of attendance.
- Graduate Professional PLUS Loans: Professional degree students are now eligible to borrow under the Graduate / Professional PLUS loan program up to their cost of attendence minus other estimated financial assistance. Approval of this loan is subject to a credit evaluation and repayment must begin upon graduation, withdrawal from school, or less than half time enrollment.
- Alternative Educational Loans: These are loans made to students, whose credit is approved or has a credit-approved co-signor. Interest accrues on these loans from the date of the first disbursement. The interest rate is variable and based on the PRIME RATE + a percentage determined by the student's and co-signor's combined credit rating. Payment on the Alternative loan may begin six months after the student has graduated, withdrawn from school, or attends less than half-time.
SCHOLARSHIPS: Gift assistance that doesn't have to be repaid. Scholarship searches are on the Internet or you can visit your public library for lists and requirements for scholarships that are available. Additional scholarships specific to the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences will be available from sources such as CVS, Meijer, Target, etc.
MILITARY BENEFITS: Financial assistance available to individuals who have performed military service or are the dependent of a veteran 100% disabled or deceased due to military service.
The Federal government provides loans. Scholarships are available through many organizations, clubs, businesses, and institutions. You and your family have the primary responsibility for meeting educational expenses to the best of your ability.
Financial assistance is available to cover the cost of education, which may include:
- Tuition and fees
- Room and Board
- Other educational related costs
Sullivan's Financial Planning Office develops your financial package according to program guidelines and regulations. This package is usually a combination of grants, loans, cahs payments and/or company reimbursement.
You should re-apply each year you plan to attend. Factors regulating financial assistance change; because you're not eligible for certain funds in one award year does not mean you would not be eligible the next year.