Associate of Science in Culinary Arts
Master both the art and science of cooking with an Associate of Science Degree in Culinary Arts from Sullivan University’s world-renowned College of Hospitality Studies. We are committed to graduating the best-prepared, most sought-after culinary professionals in the industry. Whether your goal is to land a position in a trendy restaurant, own your own business or even pursue your passion for food around the world, our Culinary Arts program will provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to make it in this competitive industry.
You will spend most of your time perfecting your cooking techniques and learning new methods in our top-of-the-line kitchen labs. You’ll also gain real-world experience through practicums and externships at Louisville and Lexington’s best restaurants. The solid foundation you will build with Sullivan’s Culinary Arts program will work in the favor of any aspiring chef and will prove to be well worth your time and investment, now and in the future.
- To provide the finest foundational knowledge, skills and experiential learning to students entering into the hospitality industry by teaching both practical and knowledge-based industry standards.
- To train tomorrow’s hospitality professionals to master effective verbal and written communication skills, professionalism and classical techniques and modern trends within the food service industry.
- Sullivan University’s College of Hospitality Studies has long set the standard for hospitality education, earning a reputation over the past three decades as one of the top hospitality schools in the U.S.
- Ask any student what they love about the College of Hospitality Studies and you’ll hear the same answer over and over—the chefs. Our exceptionally talented and experienced faculty will not only be your instructors; they will become your mentors, your support system and your inspiration. The philosophy behind our culinary training is simple—you will become the best by learning from the best.
- Culinary Arts students complete a practicum or externship at restaurants around the city.
- Sullivan’s Culinary Arts student competition team holds an impressive winning record at the regional, national and international competition levels, boasting more than 400 gold, silver and bronze medals.
- Thanks to Sullivan’s streamlined curriculum and year-round, 11-week quarters, you can complete your degree in as little as 18 months.
With an Associate of Science in Culinary Arts degree from Sullivan University, you’ll gain the skills and experience you need to work your way to the top in places such as:
- Hotels and resorts
- Cruise ships
- Educational institutions
- Food brokerage businesses
- Research and development kitchens
Our Culinary Arts degree will also prepare you for many opportunities that can lead to other roles within the food industry besides the traditional chef, including:
- Restaurant owner
- Food stylist
- Personal chef
- Food scientist
- Food and beverage manager
Length: 21 months, 18 months accelerated (day)
Time length for program completion will vary depending upon the number of courses taken per term, developmental courses when required, transfer credit accepted, lack of continuous enrollment, etc.