Associate of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management
The restaurant and hotel industry is the largest retail employer in the United States, providing positions for more than 8 million people. Opportunities for management careers in hotels and restaurants worldwide are increasing every year as people spend more time away from home. According to the National Restaurant Association, over 100,000 new jobs are being created each year in the hotel and lodging industry alone.
If your aspirations lie in a management career, set yourself apart with an on-campus and online Associate of Science Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management from the College of Hospitality Studies at Sullivan University.
you will learn how to manage employees, food and beverage, revenue, and the day-to-day operations of a hotel, restaurant, or other hospitality establishment. Once you graduate from this program, you have the option of continuing your education with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Hospitality Management.
To educate and train the hotel and restaurant industry’s future leaders, equipping them with a firm grasp on hospitality operations as well as top-notch management and business skills.
To teach students techniques in lodging management, hospitality management, food and beverage, cost control, and destination management. Students also learn the legal issues involved in hotel, motel, and restaurant operations.
- Sullivan University's College of Hospitality Studies is renowned in the culinary world, having long set the standard for hospitality education, and earning a reputation over the past three decades as one of the top hospitality schools in the U.S.
- you will gain hands-on experience in some of this area's finest hotels, motels, resorts and restaurants.
- We supplement your hotel and restaurant management training with a foundation in marketing, sales, and finance to give you the competitive business edge you need to succeed.
- Thanks to Sullivan's streamlined approach to education and year-round, 11-week quarters, you can complete your degree in just 18 months.
An Associate of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management degree from Sullivan University can take you to unexpected places. Beyond hotels and restaurants, you can also choose to work in a variety of settings, such as:
- Tourism boards
- Visitor bureaus
- Chambers of commerce
- Cruise lines
- Tour companies
- Travel publications
- Non-profit organizations
- Wedding and social event planning firms
- Event venues
- Contract food service businesses
- Food marketing firms
Length: 24 months, 18 months accelerated
Time length for program completion will vary depending upon the number of courses taken per term, developmental courses when required, transfer credit accepted, lack of continuous enrollment, etc.
* Students must complete HRM 194 and TRV 194 OR HRM 198. Students who do not successfully complete HRM 194 and TRV 194 do not have the option of re-taking either of those classes and must complete HRM 198.