Associate of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management
The restaurant and hotel industry is the largest retail employer in the United States, providing positions for more than 8 million people. Opportunities for management careers in hotels and restaurants worldwide are increasing every year as people spend more time away from home. In the hotel and lodging industry alone, over 100,000 new jobs are being created each year, according to the National Restaurant Association.
If you aspire to a management career in this dynamic field, set yourself apart with an on-campus and online Associate of Science Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management from the College of Hospitality Studies at Sullivan University.
You'll learn how to manage employees, food and beverage, revenue and the day-to-day operations of a hotel, restaurant or other hospitality establishment. Once you graduate from this program, you have the option of continuing your education with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Hospitality Management.
- To train the future leaders of the hotel and restaurant industry, equipping them with a firm grasp on hospitality operations as well as top-notch management and business skills.
- To teach students the techniques in lodging management; hospitality management; food and beverage cost control; destination management; and the legal issues involved in hotel, motel and restaurant operations.
- Sullivan University's College of Hospitality Studies has long set the standard for hospitality education, earning a reputation over the past three decades as one of the top hospitality schools in the U.S.
- You'll gain hands-on experience in some of this area's finest hotels, motels, resorts and restaurants.
- We supplement your hotel and restaurant management training with a foundation in marketing, sales and finance to give you the competitive business edge you need to succeed.
- Thanks to Sullivan's streamlined approach to education and year-round 11-week quarters, you can complete your degree in just 18 months.
An Associate of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management degree from Sullivan University can take you to unexpected places. Beyond hotels and restaurants, you can also choose to work in a variety of settings, such as:
- Tourism boards
- Visitor bureaus
- Chambers of commerce
- Cruise lines
- Tour companies
- Travel publications
- Non-profit organizations
- Wedding and social event planning firms
- Event venues
- Contract food service businesses
- Food marketing firms
Length: 24 months, 18 months accelerated
Time length for program completion will vary depending upon the number of courses taken per term, developmental courses when required, transfer credit accepted, lack of continuous enrollment, etc.
* Students must complete HRM 194 and TRV 194 OR HRM 198. Students who do not successfully complete HRM 194 and TRV 194 do not have the option of re-taking either of those classes and must complete HRM 198.