Bachelor of Science in Advanced Manufacturing Technology
Advanced Manufacturing Technology (AMT) combines principles of mechanical engineering with high-level design innovation to create products and processes that are better, faster and stronger.
At the core of AMT training is the design and application of original and effective solutions related to manufacturing, packaging and distribution to keep up with the dynamic needs of today's ever-evolving industries. AMT is innovation for the future - and it's everywhere.
Modern manufacturing is fueled by technology, and companies rely on up-to-the minute advances to remain competitive and relevant. AMT is at the forefront of these breakthroughs, and those in the field design and develop new products, processes and procedures to keep the gears turning across nearly every industry.
What Does the Future of AMT Look Like?
Expect an upsurge in employment opportunities due to the current skill gap.
The Manufacturing Institue and Accenture's 2014 manufacturing skill and training study highlights the industry's urgent need for skilled workers and the wealth of opportunities this need has created:
- More than 50% of manufacturing companies report plans to increase U.S.-based production by at least 5% in the next 5 years
- More than 75% of manufacturers report a moderate to severe shortage of skilled resources
- U.S. manufacturers face reduced earnings of up to 11% annually due to the skill shortage crisis
Expect higher pay and better benefits if you invest in your education.
If you hold an associate or bachelor's degree in AMT, you can expect to earn significantly more income and more benefits across the industry.
Industries that Rely on AMT:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Manufacturing
- Food and Beverage Production
- Metal and Plastic Manufacturing
- Automotive Manufacturing and Technology
- HVAC Design
- Recycling Processing
- Material Handling and Packaging Systems
- Industrial Machinery Manufacturing
- Original Equipment Manufacturing