Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology Certificate
The ability to control the temperature and air quality in commercial and residential settings is a skill that will always be in demand. The current job climate of the HVAC-R industry confirms this need, as opportunities for certified technicians increase at a rapid pace.
Launch your career in this stable, profitable industry with Sullivan University's streamlined HVAC-R program options.
- Practical, hands-on training is central to our programs, thanks to our industry-standard HVAC-R lab and multiple HVAC-R externship / apprenticeship opportunities.
- With our HVAC-R certificate option, you'll be ready to enter the field within 9 months.
- Our programs prepare you to take multiple certification and licensure exams. The more certifications and licenses you earn, the more desirable you will be in the job market.
- You'll graduate equipped with the skills and knowledge to work in a variety of areas in the HVAC-R industry, including service installation, facilities operation, energy auditing and HVAC-R sales.
- Even if you are an experienced HVAC-R technician, our programs can work for you if you're looking to refresh your skills or receive new training and certifications.\
Find out more information about program successes in graduation rates, placement rates and occupations for this program. View Licensure Disclosures by State.
What Does the Future of HVAC-R Look Like?
- Employment for HVAC-R professionals is projected to grow 21% by 2022, faster than the average for all occupations.
- Employers are hiring candidates with formal technical training over those who learned on the job, especially as HVAC-R systems become much more complex.
- The growing emphasis on energy efficiency and sustainability will drive the need for qualified technicians now and in the future. This means increased job security and stability for HVAC-R professionals.