Master of Science in Managing Information Technology
Gain Your Master's in As Little As 18 Months.
Sullivan’s student-centric Graduate School offers an array of programs to fit each student’s interests. Students follow a curriculum designed to develop skills in leadership, team-building, communication, decision-making, critical thinking, analysis, and research techniques. Our programs cover a wide variety of delivery methods that include online, in-classroom, and hybrid formats. Our commitment is to provide career-minded individuals with the theories, applied knowledge, and shared experiences in formats conducive to their learning needs.
If you are looking for a career-minded graduate program that is committed to its students, then Sullivan University is the institution for you. As one of the region’s largest graduate business schools, we are proud to offer a diverse multitude of programs that shape students into future professionals.
Sullivan's Master of Science in Managing Information Technology (MSMIT) Degree is designed to help current information technology professionals meet the management challenges created by the rapidly changing IT landscape.
This ever-evolving IT environment has created unique project management problems and opportunities in e-business, e-supply, and intranet applications that are beyond the understanding of most traditional IT managers. Our on-campus and online Master's in Managing Information Technology program bridges this gap to produce highly skilled IT management professionals who are prepared to design, develop, and manage information technology projects in a variety of organizations.
- Sullivan’s MSMIT program provides a unique blend of business skills and core competencies in information technology. Classroom theory is fully complemented with the practical acquisition of IT techniques.
- The program allows you to refine both your technical expertise and your management skills, so you are able to effectively manage technology.
- You can earn your MSMIT Degree entirely online in as little as 18 months.
- The MSMIT program is eligible as a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field for international students who are considering Optional Practical Training (OPT). Students may gain more insights about OPT and STEM from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- Our engaged faculty teaches through practical work experience.
- No GRE/GMAT testing is required.
- We utilize a practice-based curriculum.
The MSMIT Degree paves the way to advancement in expanded management positions. It aims to increase technical knowledge, build a conceptual understanding of emerging IT issues, and provide the ability to conduct independent research to support IT project management decisions. Areas covered include principles of project management, organizational principles and behavior, communications, financial analysis, leadership and team development, information security and legal issues, and system development.
Length: 18 months
Time length for program completion will vary depending upon the number of courses taken per term, developmental courses (when required), transfer credit accepted, lack of continuous enrollment, etc.
Free Elective - One elective course is chosen by the student to complement the student's personal or professional interests.