Dr. Tom Javarinis
Work Email : email@example.com
Tom G. Javarinis, Ph.D., CM, LSSBB
Title: Associate Professor, Graduate School
As a Faculty member, Dr. Javarinis works with students to help them reach their goals of obtaining their degrees and committed to their success.
He is married to Angie and they have three girls: Arielle, Georgette, and Anastasia. Oh! and a six-pound toy poodle named Sofi.
Dr. Javarinis has completed several degrees as noted below:
(a) Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in General Management with a minor in Accounting from the Detroit College of Business; Dearborn, Michigan.
He completed three Master of Business Administration Degrees from Davenport University.
(a) The first degree was in Strategic Management with a minor in Leadership. His Master’s Thesis was written on: “The Affects of Downsizing”: A Cost/Benefit Analysis”
(b) His second degree was in Accounting with emphasis in Forensics and Fraud.
(c) His third degree was in Healthcare Management.
(d) Dr. Javarinis also completed his Doctor of Philosophy degree in General Business: Organizational Behavior and Development with a minor in Human Resources from Capella University, Minneapolis, MN. His Dissertation was written on: "Bipolar Disorder and the Impact it has on a Manager’s Career Progression and Leadership Potential” which was later published and available on Amazon.
Dr. Javarinis also hold various industry certificates as noted below:
(a) CM; Certified Managers Certificate from the Institute of Certified Professional Managers and James Madison University
(b) Supply Chain Management Certificate from the Supply Chain Management Institute
(c) Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from Management and Strategy Institute
(d) Project Management Certificate from Management and Strategy Institute
Dr. Javarinis has a very simple teaching philosophy which focuses on his role as a mentor/educator and defines what is important about it and involves three principle activities:
1. To continually strive to develop a broad array of teaching skills and adjust them to meet the needs of his students.
2. To truly challenge his students and to evaluate them honestly and fairly.
3. To foster student mastery of course material while at the same time helping his students to develop broader, more important skills such as communication and critical thinking.
Dr. Javarinis has had the good fortune of working in many different senior management/leadership positions in various industries along with working in Academia for many years both in the online, face-to-face and blended concept.
Research Interests: Dr. Javarinis has research interest in the following:
- Adaptive Learning and Technology in the Classroom
- Improving Student Retention and Persistence
- Effective Academic Leadership
- Supporting students who may be at risk of dropping out of college
- Youth development and how they can be improved, (when, how, and under what conditions)
- Understand and improve the everyday settings of youth in the United States (settings, social environments, boundaries – peers, family, adults)
- Networking, relationships with adults and peers; and opportunities for academic, social, emotional, and identity development
- Analyzing personality types and how they assist students (various generational) to ascertain the necessary knowledge, skills, abilities, as well as practical applications for knowing to be successful in their lives