We’re excited that you’re considering continuing your education at Sullivan University

As a transfer-friendly school, we help you maximize previously earned credit and make it simple and seamless to transfer previously earned college credit toward an associate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree program at Sullivan University. Do you have an unofficial transcript you would like us to review? We would love to help! Contact us today!

Information For Transfer Students

With programs offered in diplomas, associate degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degrees, Sullivan prepares you for the industries that are hiring.

Transfer Admissions Requirements

We’re excited that you’re considering continuing your education at Sullivan University. We welcome applications from transfer students from community colleges and four-year institutions. Our admissions staff specializes in transfer experience and we will work with you to assist with the admission process.

Admissions Requirements:

  • Graduated from high school or earned a GED
  • Completed an associate degree or be in progress toward an associate degree (Applicants who have less than 60 transferable semester or 90 quarter hour credits must also submit SAT and/or ACT scores in addition to any transcripts from postsecondary schools to the Office of Admissions. If no ACT/SAT is available, an assessment test will be administrated before an acceptance decision can be made.)
  • Official high school and/or college transcripts

Apply Now:

If you are ready to explore and find out if Sullivan is a good fit for you, the next step is to apply! 

After you have applied to Sullivan, request the transcripts from all of your previously attended schools be sent to Sullivan for evaluation. 

Never visited Sullivan? We would love to show you around, contact us to schedule a visit or view our virtual tour online! It’s a great way to see our facilities and meet some of the faculty and staff that make things happen at Sullivan University.


A transfer student is anyone applying for admission to Sullivan University who has attended a college or university after high school graduation.

It depends on your particular situation. If you are transferring fewer than 60 semester hours or fewer than 90 quarter hours, you must also meet freshman admission requirements, which can be found in our catalog.

There are a variety of resources available to help you select a major. You can start by searching the degrees offered at Sullivan. You can also speak with an transfer admissions officer.

If you have previously attended Sullivan as a degree-seeking student, you will be considered a readmission student.

Yes. Sullivan has an admissions staff that is specifically trained to discuss transferring to our school. Please contact us or visit our website to chat with a transfer admissions officer.

Congratulations on making the decision to continue your education at Sullivan University! Apply online or in person and send all official transcripts and pay the application fee (if applicable). This will start the transfer admissions process.

No, you don’t need to have an associate degree to transfer. You can transfer at any time as long as you meet our transfer admission requirements.

Yes. In order for Sullivan to determine whether you meet admission requirements, we must evaluate your entire academic history, including course work completed at each institution you attended. You may ask Sullivan to request copies of all your academic history at the same time you apply.

Most of our programs don’t require mandatory prerequisites.


Transfer Credits

Sullivan University will accept transfer credit for traditional course work you have successfully completed at nationally or regionally accredited institutions of higher education as documented on an official transcript. Please keep in mind that the applicability of a specific transfer course toward a Sullivan University degree program depends on the requirements of the department, division, college or school in which you are enrolled.

Transfer of Credit Policy

It is the policy of Sullivan University to accept credit from other accredited postsecondary institutions when certain criteria are met. Credit will be approved for transfer of courses that are equivalent to courses offered at Sullivan and in which the student has earned a grade of “C” or better. The approval of transfer credit for certain courses completed prior to attending Sullivan University can result in the waiver of:

  • Basic Mathematics (MTH 100)
  • Introduction to Writing (ENG 100)
  • Information Literacy (FYE101)

If a student places into ENG 100 or MTH 100 but transfers into an ENG 101 or MTH 101 that was taken elsewhere within the previous five years, the student may be waived the 100-level course and scheduled immediately into ENG 102 or MTH 102. The registrar’s office is responsible for determining coursework that will be applied toward a program of study at the university.

Students transferring credit from other colleges or universities must provide Sullivan University with official transcripts of all courses completed, and if requested, statements of academic policy from previously attended institutions.

It is the responsibility of the student to provide Sullivan University with an official copy of any transcript of grades for all postsecondary classes taken prior to attending Sullivan University. These documents should be mailed directly from the institution to the registrar’s office. Once received, transcripts become the property of Sullivan University and may not be released to the student. A student may be admitted on a provisional basis for one term until the transcript is received.

Where to Send Transcripts

Official transcripts must be mailed or sent electronically directly to Sullivan’s registrar by the records office of the issuing institution(s). Sullivan University does not accept transcripts sent or carried by hand by the applicants themselves or transmitted by fax.

Sullivan University
PO BOX 33-308
Louisville, KY 40205

Military Credit

Sullivan University evaluates military transcripts for possible transfer credit. Courses must be similar in nature to a course in our undergraduate curriculum and applicable to one of our undergraduate academic programs to receive transfer credit. Sullivan University employs the American Council on Education’s Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services to assess potential transferability of military course work.

Acceptable forms of documentation:

  • JST Transcript (Joint Services Transcript)
  • CCAF Transcript (Community College of the Air Force Transcript)

Contact Us

Send us an email or request more information