USA Cares and Sullivan University care deeply about our veterans, their families, and the sacrifices they have made while unselfishly serving their country and their fellow citizens. We also understand how sometimes a veteran may require assistance during difficult times. In honor of our military veterans, USA Cares and Sullivan University have joined together to assist those veterans and employees of USA Cares who desire to seek educational opportunities to enhance their professional careers.
As a part of those efforts, Sullivan University agrees to provide two full tuition-only scholarships to be awarded annually to USA Cares full-time employees and/or its registered clients (clients). Full-time employees and clients of USA Cares are eligible to apply and compete for these scholarships. These scholarships will be available for all programs offered at Sullivan University with the exception to all doctorate and Physician Assistant programs.
USA Cares Scholarship Requirements
Criteria for Eligibility and Continuance:
- The tuition-only scholarships are awarded by Sullivan University and will be utilized only at Sullivan University.
- A recipient of an undergraduate program scholarship may continue the scholarship up through and including a bachelor’s degree as long as the next level program is part of the stair-step curriculum in the same field of study and all other enrollment requirements continue to be met.
- A recipient of a graduate level program scholarship may continue the scholarship through the completion of the original program of study as long as all other scholarship and all other enrollment requirements continue to be met.
- The recipient will not be allowed to change their major of study after their first quarter of attendance.
- Applicants must be a client or full-time employee of USA Cares. USA Cares will confirm the relationship status of the applicants.
- Applicants must complete the online application and submit a written essay of 300 to 500 words explaining why the applicant deserves to be awarded the scholarship. The following should be included in the essay:
- What are the applicant’s educational and career goals?
- Why is this scholarship important to achieving those goals?
- The applicant must meet all entry requirements as stated in the Sullivan University (SU or University) catalog.
- If the recipient is or has been a previous student at Sullivan University they must be in good standing both academically and financially with the University. The scholarship is not retroactive to charges the student may have incurred at the University for periods of enrollment prior to the award of the scholarship;
- Any recipient of the scholarship must continue to satisfy all University policies and procedures, including the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements of SU, to maintain the scholarship award.
- Recipient must register for a minimum of 8 credit hours per quarter if classes that satisfy requirements for the program are available; or unless it is the student’s final quarter of attendance and less than 8 credits hours are required for graduation.
- Applicants receiving this scholarship are not eligible to receive residual funds from Sullivan University scholarships, grants, etc.
- Recipients are not eligible for other Sullivan University scholarships or grants.
- Recipients must maintain continuous enrollment. Full withdrawal for any reason, even temporarily, will result in loss of the scholarship. (The student may request an appeal for extreme reasons of withdrawal; i.e. severe illness or injury of self or immediate family member, death of an immediate family member, etc. Documentation acceptable to Sullivan University for any appeal will be required. Student must notify the University of his/her extreme reason of withdrawal as soon as realistically possible.)