Cybersecurity Professional Certificate
The need to protect the electronic and physical property of organizations from intruders, potential theft and other compromising acts is considered paramount for the fast-paced global economy. The increase of mobile users, digital applications and data networks deepens the reliance on transmitted data and information through cyberspace. This growth requires the advanced study of information security as hackers constantly explore and exploit any new protective measures put in place by organizations. Cyber attacks and digital spying are the top threats to national security, as sensitive information such as employees' social security numbers, passwords and passcodes, network outages, computer viruses and other incidents threaten the security of many organizations. The on-campus and online Cybersecurity Professional Certificate program is an intermediate level program that builds on technical skills that are neededd to defend the enterprise environment and to protect an organization, such as packet analysis, penetration testing, incident handling and malware removal.
This certificate is 32 quarter credit hours and may be incorporated into a degree program or taken as a stand-alone certificate in 12 months for part-time students.
The Cybersecurity Professional Certificate focuses on teaching:
- Computer hardware and network fundamentals
- Ethical hacking
- Administrating Windows and Linux server
- Computer security fundamentals
- Designing security for Microsoft networks
- Network penetration testing
- Protecting against phishing, bank fraud, unlawful hacking and other computer crimes
- Security design and compliance
- Cyber programs offer real-world applications of classroom theory in a laboratory environment (augmented with virtual resources)