Master of Science in Human Resource Leadership
Gain Your Master's in As Little As 18 Months.
Sullivan’s student-centric Graduate School offers an array of programs to fit each student’s interests. Students follow a curriculum designed to develop skills in leadership, team-building, communication, decision-making, critical thinking, analysis, and research techniques. Our programs cover a wide variety of delivery methods that include online, in-classroom, and hybrid formats. Our commitment is to provide career-minded individuals with the theories, applied knowledge, and shared experiences in formats conducive to their learning needs.
If you are for a career-minded graduate program that is committed to its students, then Sullivan University is the institution for you. As one of the region’s largest graduate business schools, we are proud to offer a diverse multitude of programs that shape students into future professionals.
Sullivan University's online Master's Degree in Human Resource Leadership program is designed to develop your strategic, organizational, managerial, and analytical skills, so you are aptly prepared to quickly move up within the field of human resources.
Our Human Resources Degree program has been recognized by the national Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) as a Top 10 SHRM Learning System. We prepare students for SHRM certification through a combination of academic knowledge and practical skill development. Our dedicated faculty members are both scholars and practitioners, not only having earned their Doctorates and published books, but also possessing years of real-world experience in the HR field.
Courses in the Master of Science in Human Resource Leadership program focus on the nine key areas of human resource competency specified by the national Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM):
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
- HR Expertise
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Leadership & Navigation
- For maximum flexibility, our Master of Science in Human Resource Leadership Degree is entirely online. For those taking two courses per quarter, the program can be reasonably completed in 18 months.
- The curriculum aligns with that recommended by SHRM.
- This Human Resources Master's Degree program is highly experiential, requiring students to consult with organizations and provide recommendations regarding real-world HR problems.
- Our program is one of the first in the nation to recognize the importance of human capital analytics as a key competency. We have developed a new course devoted entirely to this emerging topic.
- Taken during the last quarter, the integrative capstone course prepares students to achieve certification through the SHRM's competency examination (either SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP, depending on the student's level of HR work experience), further increasing their marketability after graduation.
- Our engaged faculty teaches through practical work experience.
- No GRE/GMAT testing is required.
- We utilize a practice-based curriculum.
You will learn all aspects of HR management, including compensation, benefits, training, organizational effectiveness, strategy, global HR, diversity and inclusion, financial skills, and HR analytics and technology.
Length: 18 months
Time length for program completion will vary depending upon the number of courses taken per term, developmental courses (when required), transfer credit accepted, lack of continuous enrollment, etc.
Free Electives - Two elective courses are chosen by the student to complement the student's personal or professional interests.