Master of Science in Human Resource Leadership
Gain Your Master's In As Little As 18 Months
The Graduate School is student-centered and offers many programs to enable our students to individualize their career interest. Students in our programs follow a curriculum designed to develop skills in leadership, team-building, communication, decision-making, critical thinking and analysis, and research techniques. Our programs cover a wide variety of delivery methods that include online, in-classroom, and hybrid formats. Our commitment is to provide career-minded individuals with the theories, applied knowledge, and shared experiences in formats convenient to their learning needs.
If you’re looking for a career-minded graduate program that is committed to you, Sullivan University is the institution for you. As one of the region’s largest and best graduate business schools, we are proud to offer programs that are designed to enable future working professionals to individualize their career interest. Our student-centric programs follow a curriculum developed to hone leadership skills, communication, problem-solving, critical thinking and research techniques.
Sullivan University's online Master's degree in Human Resource Leadership program has been designed to develop your strategic, organizational, management, and analytical skills in order for you to move up within the field of human resources.
Our program has been recognized by the national Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) organizations as a Top 10 SHRM Learning System. We prepare students for SHRM certification through a combination of academic knowledge and practical skill development. Our dedicated faculty members are both scholars and practitioners: they have not only earned their doctorates and published books, but also have years of real-world experience in the HR field.
Courses in the Master of Science in Human Resource Leadership program focus on the nine key areas of human resource competency specified by the national Society for Human Resource Management:
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
- HR Expertise
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Leadership & Navigation
- Our Master of Science in Human Resource Leadership degree is entirely online for maximum flexibility. The program can reasonably be completed in 18 months for those taking two courses per quarter.
- The curriculum is in alignment with their recommended curriculum by the Society for Human Resource Management
- This master's degree program is highly experiential, requiring students to consult with organizations and provide recommendations regarding real-world HR problems.
- Our program is one of the first in the nation to recognize the importance of human capital analytics as a key competency. We have developed a new course devoted entirely to this emerging topic.
- Taken during the last quarter, the integrative capstone course prepares students to achieve certification through the SHRM's competency examination (either SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP, depending on the student's level of HR work experience), further increasing their marketability after graduation from the program.
You will learn all aspects of HR management, including compensation, benefits, training, organizational effectiveness, strategy, global HR, diversity and inclusion, financial skills, and HR analytics and technology.
Length: 18 months
Time length for program completion will vary depending upon the number of courses taken per term, developmental courses when required, transfer credit accepted, lack of continuous enrollment, etc.
Free Electives - Two elective courses are chosen by the student to complement the student's personal or professional interests.