VETERANS NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY
Sullivan University students may apply for a Sullivan SALUTE chapter membership. New member standards include:
- Release from active duty with an honorable discharge or current orders
- Twelve credit hours of undergraduate work completed at your institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of nine credit hours and a 3.5 GPA or higher for graduate students
Chapter memberships demonstrate support for high achieving veteran students. SALUTE signifies your honorable service, academic excellence and a commitment to superior success. By joining through the local chapter, you will receive membership to the national organization, along with the local benefits or events that we offer.
SALUTE Veterans National Honor Society is the only organization recognizing the academic achievements of active duty, National Guard, and veteran students. Founded in 2009 at Colorado State University, it was made possible by a generous grant from the American Council on Education and the Walmart Foundation.
Sullivan University SALUTE membership provides formal recognition of your academic achievements and service to our country. As a veteran student, you immediately distinguish yourself to employers and educational institutions. Benefits of individual membership include:
- One-time payment for lifetime membership;
- A certificate and military-style challenge coin commemorating your membership in SALUTE and specific level of academic achievement;
- Opportunities to network, as well as, receive and give assistance for fellow members;
- Purchase graduation regalia to demonstrate your academic achievements as a veteran;
- Engage in local leadership positions and enhance resume development, and
- Participate in all your local, and National, SALUTE programs.
- At the national level, community service is not required for continued membership; however, for many veterans, the desire to serve does not go away after separation or retirement. If you are so inclined, we encourage you to continue that services either with your local SALUTE chapter or with other community organizations.